AEROVAC Attenuator constructed entirely of G90 galvanized steel in accordance with applicable ASHRAE Guide recommendations for high pressure rectangular ductwork. Seams are lock-formed and mastic filled. The outer casing will be minimum 22 gauge galvanized steel. Internal baffles will be a minimum 24 gauge galvanized perforated steel sheet and filled with mineral wool absorbent material of sufficient density and packed under at least 5% compression to eliminate voids due to vibration and setting to obtain catalog ratings.
MATERIALS DETAILS AND FEATURES
- The casing of Sound Attenuators are manufactured from high quality galvanized sheet steel to the standards ASTM A653 / A653 M, JIS 3302 or BS 2989. (Also can be manufactured from Stainless steel sheet 304 / 316L finish or aluminum sheet.)
- End flanges are made of slide -on flanges as standard, mild steel angles with red oxide or zinc coated are used for larger units.
- The acoustic material is of an inorganic, incombustible, has a class Al Following BS EN 13501 -1, and non hygroscopic mineral fiber, which are retained by means of galvanized perforated sheet metal.
- Attenuator splitters are of vermin proof, rot-proof and noAcombustible material.
- The acoustic media in the baffles or splitters is protected by galvanized perforated sheet metal and are fabricated separately prior to assembly in to main casing.
- The attenuators are designed in accordance with ASHRAE High Pressure Rectangular Duct Work, silencing for air distribution systems. The insertion losses and generated noise levels for each octave band and the pressure loss of the silencer are calculated through computer aided software and submitted prior to supply.
- Patented software for the selection of sound attenuator.
- All Sound Attenuators will not leak or fail structurally when subjected to a different air pressure of 8i,w.g inside to outside of casing.