AV-300/400 Series Pressure Independent Type – VAV
The AV-300 Series terminal units are among the most versatile single duct air control products on the market, providing easy HVAC system integration with diverse control packages. The AV-300/400 Series unit comes standard in several different configurations.
• AV-300 – Pressure Independent Variable Air Volume Unit
• AV-310 – Pressure Independent Variable Air Volume Unit with Sound Attenuator
• AV-320 – Pressure Independent Variable Air Volume Unit with Electric Reheat
• AV-330 – Retrofit type Variable Air Volume Unit
• AV-400 – Pressure Independent Constant Air Volume Unit
• AV-410 – Pressure Independent Constant Air Volume Unit with Sound Attenuator
• AV-420 – Pressure Independent Constant Air Volume Unit with Electric Reheat
• AV-430 – Retrofit type Constant Air Volume Unit
The compact design simplifies the building layout process for virtually any application. The efficient and reliable AV-300 Series
unit is available with analog or direct digital control options.
AV-300/400 Series Typical Application
Prime AV-300/400 Series single duct terminal units are designed to be easily incorporated in the overall building HVAC design. Control packages allow the AV-300 Series to be used in variable volume applications. Although designed for compatibility with low pressure (<0.10”Ps), the AV-300/400 Series unit performs reliably in high pressure systems as well (up to 6.0” Ps). See the Engineering section for more information.
In variable volume pressure independent applications, the AV-300 Series unit compensates for system pressure while adjusting the airflow in response to room thermostat demand. When used in a constant volume application, the AV-400 can maintain a set flow requirement, compensating for fluctuations in system pressure.
Interior zones are typically controlled by an AV-300/400 Series with a cooling-only control package; exterior zones are often controlled by an AV-300/400 Series with electric reheat coils and a reheat control package.
Depending on the layout of the duct work, it is sometimes more practical to specify the AV-300/400 Series with a single, factory-installed round discharge or with multiple round outlets.
• 1mm thick Galvanized steel casing construction with a 1mm thick casing option that provides strength and product durability.
• Suitable for low, medium, or high pressure applications; able to operate throughout a wide range of HVAC systems.
• Several casing liner options provide quiet and clean operation.
• Airflow capacities from 40 to 3660 CFM providing airflow control for most commercial applications.
• Round inlet sizes from 4” through 16” diameter which are slightly undersized to fit standard spiral and round duct.
• Digital, or analog controls with pressure independent or dependent control packages allow tailoring to many building systems.
• K4 Line across four quadrant, multi-point center averaging sensor or optional linear, multiple-point, averaging velocity sensor, offers low resistance to airflow while providing amplified
velocity pressure signal to the controller.
• Gasketed round volume control damper operates over a full 90° range and provides a low leakage shutoff position.
• Compact unit casing sizes accommodates installation in reduced ceiling plenum space.